Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Hendrix Movie May Not Happen - Andre 3000 Upset

Oh no...Andre 3000 has not been able to get the rights to Jimi's music from the Hendrix Estate to make a Jimi Hendrix movie says ContactMusic.

Andre fears the Hendrix biopic will remain unmade because movie-makers will never gain the rights to use the guitar great's songs. He says, "I've heard that Will Smith wanted to do it (the film) at one time, Laurence Fishburne; Eddie Murphy had wanted to do it in the beginning of his career. There's been a lot of scripts to try to make it happen, but nothing can go on. I can go and make a Hendrix film right now, but I could not use any Hendrix songs that he wrote in the film."

I was looking forward to the movie, but honestly Andre 3000 can't really play guitar and I think that is vital to whoever plays the role, not that it mattered for Jamie Foxx's portrayal of Ray Charles. Anyway, the world probably isn't ready for a Hendrix movie that kicks butt! Maybe in 30 more years.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That vampire bitch claiming to be his sis is the reason the film won't happened.This vampire slut is a blood sucking leech just like Jimi's worthless blood sucking drunk old man.

Anonymous said...

Do you think that Jimi Hendrix is the king of rock and roll becuse i sher do and i think he should be named the king of rock in the rock and roll hall of fame plese send me a letter if you disagree with my adress is balow.
Troy Syphrit
613 Allingham
Van Wert Ohio 45891

Anonymous said...

I agree with what Anonymous said,it was bad enough jimi had to put up with Michael Jefferies B.S and again I've have heard it from alot of reliable sources,how Janie his sister is trying to squeeze money from a bone,Leon is worthy,and has proved it he was also Jimi's full true brother,he has recovered from addiction and should be given a chance to help not only set the record straight again,but is more intitled to the royalties than Janie..the fans know the deeper truth :[

Anonymous said...

I agree with anonymous above concerning Jimi's brother Leon, concidering he and Jimi were tight and went through the hardest part of their lives as kids together.As far as Janie is concerned she knew very little about Jimi.But what others are saying about Jimi's dad, well, Jimi was a very spiritual person, I'm not so sure he'd appreciate what others were saying about him. At least Al tried to father Jimi, right or wrong, he tried. But Jimi's aunt deserves most of the credit for taking care of him, perhaps she deserves some of the royalties. As unfortunate as Jimi's life experiences were he did after all became THE GREATEST GUITARIST THAT EVER LIVED! Perhaps his past life help create or enhance his outer being. So hats off to whomever had the greatest influence on the late, great, never will be forgotten Jimi Hendrix. If you'd like to comment, contact me personally...
Lisa Lucas
409 Grindstone Lane
Shenandoah, VA. 22849
That goes for you too, Ms. Janie control-freak Hendrix. I personally think you should let Audre 3000 make his movie, I was so looking forward to seeing it.
Jimi Hendrix, if you can hear me, I love you and I love your music. Peace, love and happiness to all. May we all see color the way Jimi saw it.

Anonymous said...

Jimi's Dad did sell his instrument (sax?) to afford to buy Jimi his first guitar, so drunk or not....if there was no Jimi's Dad, there would be no Jimi, I wouldn't be chatting with you dudes!! Peace