Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Music Reviewed!


Man, this is an awesome new release from the Hendrix Estate. Mostly instrumental arrangements from Jimi's 4 year career. Very grungy and heavy right from the first track. Jimi really gets far-out on some of these tracks, I mean the guitar work is incredible and the solos are blistering of course as only Jimi can do it. He really stretches it out in some of these jams, and it's cool because other musicians Jimi played with are on here that you don't normally hear.

3 of the tracks are solo Jimi on electric guitar, he does a version of Valleys of Neptune that's really cool. I have few other versions of this song, but this version is really refreshing because it's just him playing. You should try to get Valley's of Neptune the band version with Billy Cox, Mitch Mitchell and Jimi. Really progressive stuff...

They even feature Jimi on Piano playing a little bit which is really interesting.

All and all, there are at least 8 jams I had never heard before (and I own 200+ Jimi CDs)...so this is a major release for the rock world and certainly Jimi fans. I highly recommend this CD and have played it for a bunch of buddies and friends at work.

I can't wait for people like Lenny Kravitz and the Black Crows, etc to hear this album, I bet you will hear some riffs from it influencing musicians of today when they go to record.

Hear My Music

No comments: